SAM is a fast-emerging discipline in which we help BT implement effective ITAM practices; optimise the use of our software assets; minimise operational, security & compliance risks; and maximise cost efficiency. You will be involved in resolving SAM queries from internal stakeholders including projects & transformation teams, and end-users. You’ll also be facilitating technical license support and ensuring software license subscription and maintenance renewals are optimised for spend, volume and duration.
SAM Manager is a key enabler within BT SAM and is pivotal to ensuring that the team facilitates and aligns IT strategy with business needs.
Accountable for the BAU administration of the SAM system/tool, with responsibilities including contract & license management, inventory management, routine/ad-hoc SAM compliance reporting, managing our software renewals agenda/calendar. Assist with contract and relationship management to optimise value creation for software licensing, maintenance, and services. Engage with resellers and procurement managers to gather and organise information related to software entitlements, deployment, and contracts.
- 5+ years’ experience within a dedicated Software Asset Management (SAM) team with demonstratable experience of managing software licenses & compliance; ITAM; contracts, amendments, order forms; software license/support renewals.
- An IT software, hardware, or similar technical background
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to simultaneously manage multiple SAM topics and find appropriate resolutions within agreed SLAs.
- Practical experience in software asset management, license purchasing and recycling.
- Experience with ServiceNow SAM tool.
- Software catalogue maintenance.
- Software renewal management.
- Defining commercial management of software spend and identifying savings opportunities for renewals and software licensing.
- Knowledge of vendor management function.
- Knowledge of licensing and entitlements.
- Creation and management of key documentation including purchase and ticket reporting, software compliance reporting, finance reporting, inventory reporting and any ad hoc knowledge base required to support key software stakeholders.
- At Agiro, we specialize in providing scalable and efficient solutions to businesses across many industries. Focused on cloud technologies and technical expertise, we help organizations navigate the ever-changing landscape of the digital era.
- With dedicated Centers of Excellence across the globe, we are enabled to deliver comprehensive, senior resourcing solutions of both onshore and offshore resources, allowing our clients to achieve maximum ROI while staying on budget.
- Our focus is on delivering amazing end-to-end customer experiences. From cost engineering budgets to meeting time-sensitive deadlines, we strive to exceed expectations and add excellence-grade value to our clients’ businesses.